Animation Director/Technical Director
+44 (0)7903 888 569
is to lead an animation team that promotes innovation while striving
for visual excellence. I want to push games in exciting, unique
and successful directions by providing fluid, responsive character
and animation systems.
worked on projects such as Grand Theft Auto, Tony Hawk and Splinter Cell, I feel I have a fundamental understanding
of the pitfalls and problems faced during development as well
as ideas and solutions to overcome them.
- Lead Animator.
Edinburgh, Scotland. October 2009 - Present.
Grand Theft Auto V and L.A. Noire
Sony (SCEE) - Principal
London, England. April 2006 - September 2009.
(Animation Director) and Eight
Days (Character & Animation Director)
Built and directed teams of character artists and animators
across multiple projects.
• Hand animated major game play moves.
• Developed new game play moves and mechanics from
concept to completion.
• Designed and implemented animation tools and pipelines
through extensive animation R&D.
• Planed, directed and edited motion capture data.
• Participated in peer reviews of SCEE’s portfolio,
highlighting concerns and suggesting potential solutions.
• Improved communications across teams and studios
by establishing European art conferences to facilitate
• Worked closely with Sony’s Advanced Technology
Group to develop tools and procedures that take advantage
of the PS3 architecture to benefit SCEE and its partner
• Managed and scheduled large scale projects, including
relationships with extertnal teams.
• Reviewed commercial tools and packages and recommended
purchases where appropriate.
• Drove custom development of tools such as MotionBuilder.
• Mentored animators and encouraged consistent style
via regular animation reviews.
• Collaborated with Sony’s World Wide Studios
to develop cutting edge technologies.
- Technical Director of Animation.
Montréal/Shanghai. April 2004 - March 2006
Cell, Far Cry,
King Kong and additional
Extensive animation R&D, working alongside independent
• Worked with various internal and external engines
including Unreal, Prince of Persia (Jade) and Far Cry
• Developed extensive suite of Maxscripts to aid
art creation and optimise performance.
• Co-designed and prototyped new moves and mechanics.
• Designed and built animation centric character
• Hand animated major game play moves and cinematics.
• Directed large team of Chinese national artists.
Corporation - Senior Animator.
Edmonton, Canada. August 2003 - April 2004.
Empire and Neverwinter
Hand animated human and creature characters.
• Planned, directed and edited motion capture data
for human characters.
• Developed new animation tools and techniques.
Entertainment - Animator.
Los Angeles, U.S.A. November 2001 - August 2003.
Hawk, Pro Skater Series.
Animated main game characters.
• Created rigs for all playable characters.
• Worked alongside AI coders to scripted
Manchester, England. June 1999 - November 2001.
Taz Express and
Modeled, textured and animated characters.
Good understanding of programming languages (C, C++, Maxscript
• Excellent knowledge of development tools and packages
• Building communications across teams and studios
• Passion for playing games of all genres.
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Xbox 360). 2013.
• L.A. Noire (PS3, Xbox 360). 2011.
• EyePet (PS3). 2009.
• Eight Days (PS3) Cancelled 2008.
• Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Xbox 360, PS3, PC).
• King Kong (XBox 360, XBox, PS2, Game Cube, PC).
• Far Cry: Instincts (XBox). 2005.
• Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2, XBox, Game Cube,
• Jade Empire (XBox). 2005.
• Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark (PC).
• Tony Hawk Underground (PS2, XBox, Game Cube). 2003.
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2, XBox, Game Cube).
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (XBox). 2002.
• Loons: The Fight for Fame (XBox). 2002.
• Taz Express (N64). 2000.
• Ernie's Great Escape (Short Film, ITV). 2000.
• Radikal Bikers (PSX). 1999.
Computer Visualisation and Animation.
NCCA, Bournemouth University, England. 1996 - 1999.
available upon request.